The top talent works for Wilson Electric and it is easy to see why.
- #1 Ranked Electrical Contractor in the Southwest
- 100% Employee Owned
- Competitive Pay and Best Benefits in the Industry
- Supportive Team Culture and Healthy Work-Life Balance
We are building opportunities for people who care about exceptional performance and quality of life.
Wilson Electric Services Corp is an Electrical and Special Systems contractor. We have ranked #1 as the Southwest’s leading electrical contractor for the last 18 years! Wilson Electric and NETSIAN Technologies Group form a full-service electrical contractor regularly ranked at the top of the industry for size, sales volume, and customer service.
Would you like to join the Wilson Electric Team?
We are excited to share the opportunity for a Senior Electrical Estimator to join our team and look forward to reviewing your resume.
As a Senior Estimator, you will work closely with the estimating team to conduct accurate cost analyses with estimations for the organization, providing mentorship, leadership and training. You will assist estimators and project managers with pricing schedules, participate in proposal preparation, and perform technical assessments to facilitate analysis functions. In all tasks, estimators must follow project specifications and any relevant confidentiality rules.
Some of the main responsibilities in this role are listed below.
- Supervise, direct and lead estimating team including providing mentorship and training
- Communicate and maintain company standards
- Evaluate risk and budgets for projects
- Responsible for bid administration in preparing full estimates on complex work
- Developing strategies to meet project goals
- Developing and presenting cost estimates for both internal and external audiences
- Communicate project progress/status with management and team
- Complete electrical estimates for all assigned Plan-Spec and Design-Build projects, with emphasis on low-cost installation methods.
- Fully read and comprehend Request for Proposals, Plans, Specifications, Design Analysis Reviews, and all other Contract documents.
- Request, collect and review the necessary supplier and subcontractor BOM and quotes. Have a full understanding of qualifications and exclusions before making a decision on low-cost / best-value price to use.
- Identify and resolve deviations from the proposal, including scope and specifications.
- Allow enough time prior to the deadline for a thorough review of estimates by self, peers, and supervision.
- Assist Division Manager with write up of technical proposals and pre-qualification packages.
- Make the first contact with clients after submission of bid and follow-up to collect comparative analysis of our proposal.
- Assist Project Managers with project start-up documentation, submittal packages, and supplier / sub-contractor purchase orders.
- Continuously collect and review material costs to assure all estimating platforms are updated with the best prices.
- Assist Division Manager and other supervision in the continued improvement of all estimating platforms.
- Update logs and continuously meet with supervisors to discuss challenges and opportunities.
Your experience in the following areas will drive your success in this role.
- 10+ years of industry experience
- BS degree in Construction Management or related area of study
- Ability and willingness to lead and train others
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with interpersonal abilities and willingness to work in a fast-paced team environment
- High degree of problem-solving and decision-making skills
- In-depth knowledge of standard electrical estimating procedures
- Thorough NEC Knowledge
- Complete understanding of commercial and government specifications
We are an Employee-Owned Company. Our ESOP plan is a 100% employer-sponsored/paid retirement account that has and will continue to change the quality of retirement for our Employee-Owners. We also offer a 401(k) plan with a generous company match. Along with this, we offer excellent and affordable medical, dental, vision, company-paid life insurance, additional voluntary life insurance, short- and long-term disability and a flexible spending account of up to $2,500 which is pre-funded by the company. Employees are eligible for our PTO program as well as paid holidays. Lastly, we offer sponsorship in the Electrical Apprenticeship Program, internal Workforce Development and training opportunities, guaranteed annual reviews and more.